The making of the microbiome
Editorial April 18, 2019
The editorial team at The Secret Life of Skin.
We love trying to uncover the secrets of the skin microbiome. Our fascination this week is with all the factors that make your microbiome so unique.
The skin microbiome has to battle all the elements, with the composition affected by:
- Age, gender, genotype
- Nutrition and diet
- Physical health status, including disability, hospitalisation, medication
- Mental health or emotional status, and stress
- Environmental impacts, including but not limited to your geography, climate, UV exposure, and pollution exposure
- Personal care (skin and hair!) and broader hygiene
- Living conditions: occupation, social environment, life-style, sports, body shaping, smoking, and the quality and quantity of sleep
Share This On :